beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Aisumasen : restoring the lost electric guitar solo ???
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:15 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
Hi there,

I know this sounds crazy, perfect non sense challenge but in the kingdome of Nutopia non sense is more than welcomed...

an overlooked and underrated John Lennon song : "Aisumasen" from Mind Games.

there is an interesting studio track with an alternate lead guitar solo played by David Spinozza on
track 3 - CD 2 "the alternates" of Absolute Elsewhere Vigotone box set.

the thing is that this is a double-tracked lead guitar solo.
One of the 2 guitar solo is totally new; the other guitar solo is the well known guitar solo which was kept for the final, official version of "Aisumasen".

of course it's not that simple (oh my God this sounds like the intro of Impossible Mission :D ) : I mean by that that of course both guitar solos are mixed "together", you won't have the new guitar solo on the right channel and the final guitar solo on the left.

I don't know if it's possible, but it could be great to see (and hear) if with the magical of technology and above all the skills of the people here, to isolate, and create/restore this alternate electric guitar solo played by David Spinozza; so we can at last enjoy it.

I don't know if this can help but :

since one of the two guitar solo on the double-guitar solo version is the official guitar solo, perhaps there is a way to make the official guitar solo disappear so that we can hear how was the lost electric guitar solo. :?:
of course the pitch may be a little different, with speed variation because the Vigotone track is from a tape source.
perhaps it's impossible; I'm really not an expert, and I'm almost still believe in Santa Claus...

there are several official variations of Aisumasen :

- the remixed version (from the previous reiusse of Mind Games with bonus tracks) : Aisumasen
- the official remastered version from the signature box set : Aisumasen

on Absolute Elsewhere CD 1 - the alternate album : there is a basic track of Aisumasen with no guitar solo (instead we can hear Lennon humming a melody); no Peter Drake on lap steel guitar

if interested, I can provide all requires file in FLAC format. (please PM)