beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:35 am 

Have thanks: 15 time
BDJ wrote:
yeah, I thought earlier about moving those beats, but am too lazy; now, it is just the full run of the back ing track of Taxman. Moving the beats, means splicing it up, because the chord changes should stay where they are. I really need Geoff 'take 18" Emerick......

phattbuzz wrote:
Listening to MP3J's mixes for the second time.

BDJ - Nice use of Taxman in the background, I think I would have used those beats of emphasis after George's phrases rather than in the middle of his phrases. Overall a nice track.
and
- phattbuzz 8)

Read his book, there might just be a suggestion or two "within or without" the pages :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:16 pm 

Have thanks: 5 time
The Inner Jude

Here's my contribution for this month's Soirée:
http://phattbuzz.podomatic.com/

- phattbuzz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:14 pm 

phattbuzz wrote:
The Inner Jude

Here's my contribution for this month's Soirée:
http://phattbuzz.podomatic.com/

- phattbuzz 8)

I could just see Macca in a Naru jacket and Bollywood dancers behind him. Did miss the la, de, da, da chorus at the end, could you pinch a little of that somewhere? The sound bits also were a little out of place as the "Jude" lyrics were beautifully synced so perhaps drop those in favor of the chorus, maybe the Krishna chant :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 am 

Here's a version I just recorded - all instruments and vocals by phattbuzz. Of course the phattbuzz treatment means the song goes into a whole other dimension. No longer hanging on to the eastern influences, we take a different trip with this Harri-song.

You can find it on my podcast page: http://phattbuzz.podomatic.com/

:idea: If anyone is interested, I could post the individual tracks to rapidshare (either in Flac or mp3 at a good bit-rate). They would all be mono (except for the drum track). Just something to fool around with. Would be a good exercise for any of you that want to learn how to mix multitracks. :idea:

- phattbuzz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 pm 

phattbuzz wrote:
:idea: If anyone is interested, I could post the individual tracks to rapidshare (either in Flac or mp3 at a good bit-rate). They would all be mono (except for the drum track). Just something to fool around with. Would be a good exercise for any of you that want to learn how to mix multitracks. :idea:

- phattbuzz 8)

OK - nobody's asked for them yet - but you can find them here: http://rapidshare.com/files/220941643/Inner_Light.zip

There are 13 individual tracks (mixed down from the 22 I was working with - nothing lost - nothing overlaps). They are all mono except for the drum track and they are in FLAC format (lossless). There are no effects on the vocals - but the instruments do have some effects that come straight from the keyboard (Korg TR61) that I used. Most of the instruments and vocals do have a bit of "Sonic Maximizer" applied to them to help them stand out in the mix.

All tracks are of varying length but they will line up correctly in any multitrack system you are using (they all have some space at the beginning). If you don't have a computer multitracker - Audacity is a free open source and cross platform program (will work with Windows, Mac, Linux, OS X, etc) which can be found here: audacity.sourceforge.net
My program of choice is Adobe Audition.

If your system doesn't support FLAC, there are many free programs that will convert the files to WAV for you.

If you are new to multitrack mixing - here's a quick primer: Start by muting all the tracks except the bass and drums and begin by getting the best possible mix of those. Then unmute the other tracks one at a time - for each track you'll want to find the best volume so that it doesn't distort and sounds comfortable in the mix. Panning each instrument a bit to the left or right helps separate sound well in a stereo mix. Any primary equalizing of individual instruments should be done at this stage also.

Have fun - try different effects on different instruments to see what it does.

enjoy,

- phattbuzz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 pm 

phattbuzz wrote:
phattbuzz wrote:

- phattbuzz 8)

OK - nobody's asked for them yet - but you can find them here: http://rapidshare.com/files/220941643/Inner_Light.zip

There are 13 individual tracks (mixed down from the 22 I was working with - nothing lost - nothing overlaps). They are all mono except for the drum track and they are in FLAC format (lossless). There are no effects on the vocals - but the instruments do have some effects that come straight from the keyboard (Korg TR61) that I used. Most of the instruments and vocals do have a bit of "Sonic Maximizer" applied to them to help them stand out in the mix.

All tracks are of varying length but they will line up correctly in any multitrack system you are using (they all have some space at the beginning). If you don't have a computer multitracker - Audacity is a free open source and cross platform program (will work with Windows, Mac, Linux, OS X, etc) which can be found here: audacity.sourceforge.net
My program of choice is Adobe Audition.

If your system doesn't support FLAC, there are many free programs that will convert the files to WAV for you.

If you are new to multitrack mixing - here's a quick primer: Start by muting all the tracks except the bass and drums and begin by getting the best possible mix of those. Then unmute the other tracks one at a time - for each track you'll want to find the best volume so that it doesn't distort and sounds comfortable in the mix. Panning each instrument a bit to the left or right helps separate sound well in a stereo mix. Any primary equalizing of individual instruments should be done at this stage also.

Have fun - try different effects on different instruments to see what it does.

enjoy,

- phattbuzz 8)

What a great way to continue your mix or create a new! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 55 time
Highscores: 1
Thanks a lot for the multis Phattbuzz 8) :), i will do something with those!
I like the track itself....it reminds me of Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite, it has a "fairgrond" feel to it.

...And if you don't mind i'll pass the multis on in other places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm 

MP3J wrote:
Thanks a lot for the multis Phattbuzz 8) :), i will do something with those!
I like the track itself....it reminds me of Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite, it has a "fairgrond" feel to it.

...And if you don't mind i'll pass the multis on in other places.

I had a feeling you would be the first to do something with these tracks. Glad you enjoy the song.

I'm flattered that you would want to post the multis on other sites, but please leave a link to the original mix for reference.

Thanks,

- phattbuzz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Ok here's an MP3J vs Phattbuzz track.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdwznzmnzqt

I used the two percussion tracks, the bass track and Phattbuzz's vocal.
Added to those are several beatles samples, including George's vocal from Inner Light, beats from Sgt Pepper (Reprise), plus bits from In My Life, Mr Kite and A Day In The Life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:53 pm 

MP3J wrote:

Added to those are several beatles samples, including George's vocal from Inner Light, beats from Sgt Pepper (Reprise), plus bits from In My Life, Mr Kite and A Day In The Life.

LOVE IT!

- phattbuzz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

:) i wanted to use the backing vocals too, but i thought they didn't fit the new arrangement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:34 am 

MP3J wrote:

I could swear that the sample of the second vocals were from Lennon singing a brief homage to this song from the Get Back session, although I know I'm wrong, but it just seems that way for some reason, must be the all mighty Krishna has taken over your mixing desk :wink: Dear Prudence would have made a nice little touch there somewhere :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:37 am 

phattbuzz wrote:
MP3J wrote:

LOVE IT!

- phattbuzz 8)

Yes quite enjoyable, someone should wake up TJT for his contribution, as he's done some wonders using bits from the soundtrack to Wonderwall :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:44 am 

phattbuzz wrote:
Here's a version I just recorded - all instruments and vocals by phattbuzz. Of course the phattbuzz treatment means the song goes into a whole other dimension. No longer hanging on to the eastern influences, we take a different trip with this Harri-song.

You can find it on my podcast page: http://phattbuzz.podomatic.com/

- phattbuzz 8)

This could be a cover from the Bonzo Dog Doo-Da Band :lol: Very well done mix, throughly enjoyable 8)