beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: February 2010 - No Reply
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Posts: 19
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
I have an idea for the February Song of the Month Challenge. To Whom/Where do I submit it?


Last edited by TJT on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
thread title changed


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
I would suppose right here, unless MP3J has someone lined up already, then I am sure it would be fine. He has been rather busy lately.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:20 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
So, what is your suggestion, s6270? We might as well make it the song of the month!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Posts: 483
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 15 time
terminusj wrote:
So, what is your suggestion, s6270? We might as well make it the song of the month!


If you get "no reply" may I suggest:

Image

_________________
LISTEN TO THIS WEBSITE
www.listentothiswebsite.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
Lol, well, if we haven't heard from S6270 by Saturday, then No Reply it is! That is very clever of you and fitting!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Posts: 483
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 15 time
terminusj wrote:
Lol, well, if we haven't heard from S6270 by Saturday, then No Reply it is! That is very clever of you and fitting!

Glad you like the pun as MP3J thought this would be a excellent cut to do a few months ago :D

_________________
LISTEN TO THIS WEBSITE
www.listentothiswebsite.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 712
Location: http://bdj.podomatic.com
Has thanked: 42 time
Have thanks: 41 time
the picture brings back memories. This was the first Beatles single I bought myself (I was given singles earlier). I don't remember much fromwhen I was that age, but this I remember in detail. R&R Music ws actually my favourite track; i didn't speak English at all then, and i mispronounced No Reply :oops: , so the shopkeeper did-at first - not understand what I was talking about.....

NB: My single is in better shape than that one in the picture :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Posts: 483
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 15 time
BDJ wrote:
the picture brings back memories. This was the first Beatles single I bought myself (I was given singles earlier). I don't remember much fromwhen I was that age, but this I remember in detail. R&R Music ws actually my favourite track; i didn't speak English at all then, and i mispronounced No Reply :oops: , so the shopkeeper did-at first - not understand what I was talking about.....

NB: My single is in better shape than that one in the picture :D


You and me both seemed to started our love of this group through singles! I remembered waiting four weeks for Hey Jude from when I placed the order, strangely enough I first heard the "sing along" ending through a anti-drug commercial being shown through a cheap local television station in the Salinas Valley. That commercial show youths running away from the police after robbing for some illicit drugs :lol:

Image

_________________
LISTEN TO THIS WEBSITE
www.listentothiswebsite.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 712
Location: http://bdj.podomatic.com
Has thanked: 42 time
Have thanks: 41 time
Image

To kick things off. Not an easy one to mix, i tried different things first, may come back to them.

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_50_19-08_00

and lossless

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_44_35-08_00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Posts: 483
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 15 time
BDJ wrote:
Image

To kick things off. Not an easy one to mix, i tried different things first, may come back to them.

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_50_19-08_00

and lossless

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_44_35-08_00


Well I guess there was "no reply", so good luck to all! Very well done "kick off" those heavy guitar licks suit the vocals and tempo well! This song is cut into two tempos slow and dark so scream till the heart bleeds :wink:

Image

But shouldn't TJT start a "official" forum entry for this :?:

_________________
LISTEN TO THIS WEBSITE
www.listentothiswebsite.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: February 2010 = No Reply
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
Thread title changed! ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: February 2010 = No Reply
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Posts: 19
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Good idea, guys! Sorry for not replying; I got really busy with other things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: February 2010 = No Reply
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
s6270 wrote:
Good idea, guys! Sorry for not replying; I got really busy with other things.


No worries, if you have an idea, we can let you pick the March selection. Please post it at the end of February or the beginning of March. Do you do mixes as well?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
BDJ wrote:
Image

To kick things off. Not an easy one to mix, i tried different things first, may come back to them.

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_50_19-08_00

and lossless

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_44_35-08_00


Another terrific job, I must say! Great job, BDJ!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea for Feb. 2010 SOTM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 712
Location: http://bdj.podomatic.com
Has thanked: 42 time
Have thanks: 41 time
terminusj wrote:
BDJ wrote:
Image

To kick things off. Not an easy one to mix, i tried different things first, may come back to them.

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_50_19-08_00

and lossless

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-07T09_44_35-08_00


Another terrific job, I must say! Great job, BDJ!


:D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: February 2010 = No Reply
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Posts: 19
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
terminusj wrote:
s6270 wrote:
Good idea, guys! Sorry for not replying; I got really busy with other things.


No worries, if you have an idea, we can let you pick the March selection. Please post it at the end of February or the beginning of March. Do you do mixes as well?


No, I don't. I've heard some songs and thought, "That's in the same key as...," but I forget which ones. Got any tips for remixing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: No Reply Take 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 712
Location: http://bdj.podomatic.com
Has thanked: 42 time
Have thanks: 41 time
Image

Only 3 takes of No Reply in BDJ's audio library, so not a lot to go on. Jowever, the demo is uiqte diffeentfrom the final versions, and rather interesting. The fab's apparently have lots of fun recording it, at the expense of the vocals (they forget the words....).

I isolated the instrumental parts, fidgeted tye missing chords and then looped them, and combinend thesewith the vocals of the released version; this sounded a bit too smooth, so I included the vocals of the demo as well. Since I isolated the intrumentals into loops first, I was able to make this a stereo track (the demo is mono).

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-13T12_54_29-08_00

and lossless (does any one use this?):

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-13T12_44_48-08_00


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: February 2010 - No Reply
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:27 pm
Posts: 19
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Very nice, BDJ!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Reply Take 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Posts: 1447
Has thanked: 57 time
Have thanks: 93 time
BDJ wrote:
Image

Only 3 takes of No Reply in BDJ's audio library, so not a lot to go on. Jowever, the demo is uiqte diffeentfrom the final versions, and rather interesting. The fab's apparently have lots of fun recording it, at the expense of the vocals (they forget the words....).

I isolated the instrumental parts, fidgeted tye missing chords and then looped them, and combinend thesewith the vocals of the released version; this sounded a bit too smooth, so I included the vocals of the demo as well. Since I isolated the intrumentals into loops first, I was able to make this a stereo track (the demo is mono).

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-13T12_54_29-08_00

and lossless (does any one use this?):

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2010-02-13T12_44_48-08_00



Just terrific, BDJ! It sounds like they are having a party there, and I want to join in! [Sorry, I never came up with anything for this challenge. Ten seconds worth that workes doesn't seem like enough to submit, lol!]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: February 2010 - No Reply
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 712
Location: http://bdj.podomatic.com
Has thanked: 42 time
Have thanks: 41 time
:oops: Thanks !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
suspicion-preferred