beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:02 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
Hello, BRG!

With the news of this new forum, I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few months and enjoying the amazing ferment of mixes immensely.

I was so inspired that I decided to try out Adobe Audition 3.0. During the trial period, I managed to come up with a few small offerings of my own. One is a completely original mash-up of my own, but one is a mash-up of two previously completed Beatles Mash-UPs! I hope that the spirit of mashing things together doesn't get the original mashers angry at me, credit where credit is due, etc. :shock:

Anyway, do you think the group would have interest in hearing what a n00b has to offer? Especially one that mashes a previous masher? I have a spot on podomatic and I could post this stuff there (if that wouldn't alienate the previous mashers.)

It's all in the mind,
Richard Starlight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:43 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 93 time
Welcome!

Post away! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:57 pm 

Well, I posted the first of my mashups, but the forum where I placed them says the attachment upload limit is 256 kb. My zip file is only 2.4 MB, and I saw that mp3j had an attachment in the wild honey pie forum of 4 mb~~so I guess it can be done.

But I am not sure how. . .

I posted a link to podomatic for now, but it would be great if I could get the .zip attachment to work.

~RS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 55 time
Highscores: 1
Thanks for the intro and welcome.
right....this attachment system is totally new to me, so i am not familiar with the way it works.
Apparently, i have to assign a "level" to each user...either High, Medium, or Low....meaning the size of file you are allowed to upload. As far as i can tell, the default setting is set to LOW..256kb....so i am gonna have to set the HIGH limit for each user!!!.
I have set Richard's level to HIGH....a 5mb upper limit. so try it again if you want.
I must state again tho, that the attachments will have to be deleted eventually, because there is a 600mb max upload storage.....approx 120 5mb tunes.
So...in the long run, it it advantageous for you to use an external host. You can choose when to delete your own material!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:33 pm 

MP3J wrote:
Thanks for the intro and welcome.
right....this attachment system is totally new to me, so i am not familiar with the way it works.
Apparently, i have to assign a "level" to each user...either High, Medium, or Low....meaning the size of file you are allowed to upload. As far as i can tell, the default setting is set to LOW..256kb....so i am gonna have to set the HIGH limit for each user!!!.
I have set Richard's level to HIGH....a 5mb upper limit. so try it again if you want.
I must state again tho, that the attachments will have to be deleted eventually, because there is a 600mb max upload storage.....approx 120 5mb tunes.
So...in the long run, it it advantageous for you to use an external host. You can choose when to delete your own material!

Thank you for clearing me! I will always also post links so that when the storage is maxed out and tunes are deleted, the links will still be in place

Thanks also for the welcome, and I hope you all like what I've cooked up. It may be a while till I get any software as nice as the Adobe Audition trial program I used for my first.

Cheerio,
RS