beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Magical Mystery Tour 2012
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:09 pm 

Have thanks: 41 time
Just watched the BBC. A documetary ' making of' MMT. followd by te 'restored' MMT.

I seem to like the MMT more with each time I watch it. The 'restored' DVD should hit the shops by now. Indeed, the glitches and damage to the film has been beautifully repaired. it is mentioned that the the songs are 'remixed', supervised by Giles Martin. To be honest, I didn't hear any difference with the original. The DVD should have a 5.1 track, that will be more interesting.

The documetary is OK, not much new, still fun to see some of the actors, and how they experienced the MMT. There were some outtakes of the film, mostly unused snippets; no major 'deleted scenes'. Or it must be the fish and chip shop, don't remember if that's in the film.

Post subject: Re: Magical Mystery Tour 2012
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
I saw it too on PBS. It was a good time.

Post subject: Re: Magical Mystery Tour 2012
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 93 time
Having only seen sub-par quality before (yes, on official versions too), this was quite a treat to have it look proper and have the music mixed proper. I think the restoration was great. The documentary was pretty good with it, standard fare I suppose. But nice for the extra little clips here and there that we got.