beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: You Can't Mash That - Volume XXVIII ( 28 )
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 am 

Have thanks: 20 time
What can I say about the first compilation I've helmed, that you won't get sick of reading in the "Production Notes, News & Nonsense" .pdf that comes with it ?

That the idea of "my turn" grew organically between TjT and I ?
That Useo soon joined the fray in many capacities ?
( He claimed he was also "in stylish jazzpants", but sent no pics as proof )

Go download and see "what I can say"
See also what I can display . . . of the inspired works of fellow mashers !

Volume #28 'single-track' - best value ! -- most fun -- and with Fab-hosts in link-segments from a source not yet well known ! ( not heard much yet anyway )

http://www.mediafire.com/?c545efrwop35391

Full-folder w/ individual tracks, artwork, and "Production Notes, News & Nonsense".

http://www.mediafire.com/?b46rvvrtgv2xy76

Attachments:
Vol 28 - rear cover - The Fabtastic Four -=BRG'd .jpg
Vol 28 - rear cover - The Fabtastic Four -=BRG'd .jpg [ 761.19 KiB | Viewed 5441 times ]
Vol 28 - front cover - BRGd .jpg
Vol 28 - front cover - BRGd .jpg [ 345.71 KiB | Viewed 5441 times ]

Post subject: Re: You Can't Mash That - Volume XXVIII ( 28 )
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 am 

Have thanks: 63 time
Thanks for dropping one of my 'mixes' in.
This collection is fantastic.Excellent selection of great tracks.Well listenable & highly appealing.
I LOVE THIS SERIES!
Also of note is the incredible art! (Hulk?)
The covers would look great framed on the wall!
Thanks for more of YCMT.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:14 am 

dj konrad useo wrote:
art! (Hulk?)

I am forever floored by the wonderful effusive comments & reviews from Senior Usey . .
but, whatever does you mean by "art-Hulk" ?
or even simply --- Hulk ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 93 time
Very nice compilation. I think the And The Band Played Get Back sounds really great. MP3J's track Back Pecking is really terrific, what an interesting combination that works beautifully. The other MP3J one was very interesting too, the I Want To Be Your Man. Wish it had some louder vocals, but that might not have worked for the mix, but still a great track.My own mix is rather funny to me, because I don't honestly remember making that one, maybe I did somewhere. I wouldn't doubt it, I wonder which one that was on. But I hope that wasn't really someone else's. Hmmm.... The most out there idea has to be Useo's track, that is one that I never would have thought, and sounds a bit strange but works too, it is in the fun category. The Beatles were great at making novelty songs, and what a unique idea.The same thing I would say about BDJ's track. I don't recall hearing that one before. What a unique idea, very well done. Wish you had a better vocal for it, but sometimes that is what we have to work with it. I like parts of the Breathe song, but I don't think the Breathe song itself lends to the vocals of that pace. So, good compilation overall.

It's nice to have others doing the compilations as well. I hear Useo has one he is doing as well? Maybe we can get MP3J to do another one again... I also like that you put some dialogue in between the tracks, I used to do that but got lazy about it, lol. But I think they are more fun that way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 am 

TJT wrote:
Very nice compilation. I think the And The Band Played Get Back sounds really great. MP3J's track Back Pecking is really terrific, what an interesting combination that works beautifully. The other MP3J one was very interesting too, the I Want To Be Your Man. Wish it had some louder vocals, but that might not have worked for the mix, but still a great track.My own mix is rather funny to me, because I don't honestly remember making that one, maybe I did somewhere. I wouldn't doubt it, I wonder which one that was on. But I hope that wasn't really someone else's. Hmmm.... The most out there idea has to be Useo's track, that is one that I never would have thought, and sounds a bit strange but works too, it is in the fun category. The Beatles were great at making novelty songs, and what a unique idea.The same thing I would say about BDJ's track. I don't recall hearing that one before. What a unique idea, very well done. Wish you had a better vocal for it, but sometimes that is what we have to work with it. I like parts of the Breathe song, but I don't think the Breathe song itself lends to the vocals of that pace. So, good compilation overall.

It's nice to have others doing the compilations as well. I hear Useo has one he is doing as well? Maybe we can get MP3J to do another one again... I also like that you put some dialogue in between the tracks, I used to do that but got lazy about it, lol. But I think they are more fun that way.

Yay !
I actually got your mass-mailing notification about videos for TTANE #7 while you were logged-on here, and whipped out an email quick as I could !
Thought I missed that window of "immediate opportunity", but `cha came back. ( duh )

Anywhat, It's obvious that I was looking forward to your reactions, being the first Volume I've done after your long run with them. And I'm thrilled you enjoyed the single-track version with interludes.
That's not something I'll force on upcoming volumes, only when it fits . . and in this case it was very much about the fact that no one else I'd heard had even used that source of the "Christmas Outtakes 1965" !
It's apparently only been "out there" since late 2008 or so . . .

As to "and The Band Played Get Back" sounding really great . . . they all do cuz they were all "sonically Useod".
I know most of my strengths, and stuff like EQ ain't one of `em . . . I get a bit lost in those realms . . . but Usey is quite the master at bringing up levels on that one muted sounding track, applying some "vinyl warmth" when needed, etc., etc, etc . . . . so endless thanks to my engineer !

Your "Come Together remix" track -- really ?!
You're not sure that's yours ??
I'm pretty sure I remember discussing it with you in emails nearly 2 years ago . . . it comes from an "Abbey Road Remixed", but I've pretty much determined from all the various threads that there was an original version in 2006 or 7, and then a post-Mogg re-do in 2010 ?
So . . . enough versions and re-dos to cloud all our minds then, ey ?

I'll leave it there for now .. . I wanna' go remind myself which one was the BDJ track.
Aside from all my own at various stages, and the year-long Ween-volume coming together, plus my first turn at casting nets for "submissions" all over the place & tossing them all in waiting folders . . I too get a little overwhelmed at who did which at what point for which project on what site . . ya' know ? :wink: :lol: :wink:

Last edited by DmR of AtoZ on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:55 am 

Yup,I've been fortunate enough to have the chance to assemble the next volume.
It's almost ready & should appear long before you can 'jack robinson'.
Just got to master it & write extensive liner notes.
Better make that 3 'jack robinsons'.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 am 

About TjT's forgotten track.I got it off an mp3 cd-rom disc I made a while back of your mixes.The track was labelled Terminus J. Threnody.Not definitive proof,but darn near.Lol.
I can pull the disc back out & check again,I suppose.I wish I had a secretary for that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:35 am 

dj konrad useo wrote:
About TjT's forgotten track.I got it off an mp3 cd-rom disc I made a while back of your mixes.The track was labelled Terminus J. Threnody.Not definitive proof,but darn near.Lol.
I can pull the disc back out & check again,I suppose.I wish I had a secretary for that.

Yeah . . and not only those, but like I said : I remember raving about it in a an email between us nearly 2 years ago.
Plus, Just as I was joining up with you'se guys here, I was already downloading my first BRG releases, and this was amongst them !

I thought that "The End" and the longer "The End Megamix" were Veech's work tho', no ?
I went by the files as they were tagged, so maybe the confusion now simply deepens ??

Attachments:
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 5140 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 93 time
Yeah, I am thinking those are mis-tagged then. I believe these were the BRG Abbey Road Remix album.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:53 pm 

TJT wrote:
Yeah, I am thinking those are mis-tagged then. I believe these were the BRG Abbey Road Remix album.

D`oh !!

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:15 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Thanks a lot!!!! I´m sure I´ll enjoy this one too, I¨m relly glad to have the opportunity to download these wonderful remixes!!!