beatlesremixers
   Beatles Remixes and Mash Ups
    Register Arcade  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Login     
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>beatlesremixers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 am 

Have thanks: 41 time
Thanks MP3J.

Not sure if it all makes more sense played backwards or forwards.....

Perhaps I wanted to show how easy it is to take words out of context, or interpret them for what they are not.

Quite a topic now, with the "I wanted *** with my mother and Paul" hype around Norman's new book. I think I saw or heard the reference to the fantasy around John and his mother years ago, and it still seems a very 'don't we all have that as a part of growing up' kind of thing. I should have wriitten a book about and made a lot of money !

[quote="MP3J"]That's good BDJ,
it would be lots better if the interview clips were used more abstractly though. Use them "out of context"!:lol:
...although i appreciate the depression aspect of their use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 55 time
Highscores: 1
Agreeing with BDJ here.
I thought the U2 track reminded me of Coldplay...could imagine Chris Martin singing that.
About the mash....well it's well made (nice "deadman" link), but i wasn't keen on the song, so that put me off.....my mood is too UP at the moment to handle the dreary nature of the U2 song.

Keep 'em coming, i like this challenge!
I'll post some more later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 55 time
Highscores: 1
Well, i'd done a couple of Rev#9 tunes....this one and another, but i think the other can be done a little better, so for now i'm just posting this one.
It features elements from Revolution, Revolution 1, Revolution #9, Lennon's "Everybody Had A Hard Year" demo, and a couple of drum loops.

http://www.virb.com/mp3j/music/albums/70698

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:32 pm 

Have thanks: 15 time
MP3J wrote:
That's good BDJ,
it would be lots better if the interview clips were used more abstractly though. Use them "out of context"!:lol:

Yes very well put, perhaps make a Lennon comment about being depressed about the size of his budgie :wink: or the comfortable zone between two balloons 8) The blues background track was well choosen, although perhaps needs to be slower and darker it sort of outweighs the vocal collage.

Last edited by One Virgin on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:33 pm 

Well made track, found it a litle intimidating, probably because the tempo is quite low. Could not detect a storyline, so that's a real no 9!

Seems that one of the tracks used is of low quality, does not register frequencies above 4 kHz, makes the whole mix sound somewhat dull. was that done on purpose ?

MP3J wrote:
Well, i'd done a couple of Rev#9 tunes....this one and another, but i think the other can be done a little better, so for now i'm just posting this one.
It features elements from Revolution, Revolution 1, Revolution #9, Lennon's "Everybody Had A Hard Year" demo, and a couple of drum loops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:52 pm 

MP3J wrote:

The repetition between the samples and what follows is a good beat set in motion here. The classical chorus looping as background singers to Lennon's demo continues to explore just exactly what Rev #9 is all about, a sound collage :D Perhaps a Yoko serenade loop from the duet snippet available on the DVD extras from Lennon Legend may, and I say may, have been a nice added vocal backup as instead :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:56 pm 

Allright OV, you do know how to read between the lines, I like that ! Or, as my father says,"a Dirty Mind is a Joy Forever"......

On a more serious note, I don't think Lennon needed to worry about the size of his Budgie. There is a snippet of home movie on the web where he spins around wearing nothing but a bathrobe, which reveals his budgie while he spins. I would say about average (but I'm certainly no expert....).

The 2 balloons qoute evokes various associations with male and female body parts. For me, mostly with the '2 Virgins' vision that J&O projected of themeselves.

Now a challenge: where would you find the Wumberlog ?

One Virgin wrote:
MP3J wrote:
That's good BDJ,

Yes very well put, perhaps make a Lennon comment about being depression about the size of his budgie :wink: or the comfortable zone between two balloons 8) The blues background track was well choosen, although perhaps needs to be slower and darker it sort of outweighs the vocal collage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 pm 

BDJ wrote:
Allright OV, you do know how to read between the lines, I like that ! Or, as my father says,"a Dirty Mind is a Joy Forever"......

On a more serious note, I don't think Lennon needed to worry about the size of his Budgie. There is a snippet of home movie on the web where he spins around wearing nothing but a bathrobe, which reveals his budgie while he spins. I would say about average (but I'm certainly no expert....).

The 2 balloons qoute evokes various associations with male and female body parts. For me, mostly with the '2 Virgins' vision that J&O projected of themeselves.

Now a challenge: where would you find the Wumberlog ?

One Virgin wrote:
MP3J wrote:
That's good BDJ,

Yes very well put, perhaps make a Lennon comment about being depression about the size of his budgie :wink: or the comfortable zone between two balloons 8) The blues background track was well choosen, although perhaps needs to be slower and darker it sort of outweighs the vocal collage.

Well yes, the sexuality of sizes to sufface "hear" are effident, although in more playfull terms. I'm sure Yoko enjoyed lumbering over the "wumberlog" on a cold winter's day :wink: after all they, as you mentioned did "become naked" for the world to see :D

Post subject: Re: Wake Up, Depression
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 93 time
BDJ wrote:
Nice track, although I find that U2 often sounds like someting I've heard before (such as the Beatles.....).

I think this is inspired by, or aiming at, Depression 9. Am I worng ?

unrelated, as I haven't listened to the other Rev 9 tracks yet. No, I made the association before of Turn Me On Dead Man and Wake Up Dead Man because they both have "Dead Man". Trying to be a little more "subtle" with the rev 9 effects than on the other track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

MP3J wrote:
Richard Starlight wrote:

Involution 9
Stockhausen v. Zapple - RS 2008

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/142621607/Involution_9.mp3

Happy September!

..fun for a while, but its a bit long. Nicely assembled again though!

I was of the same opinion. [and who am I to talk? :lol: ] Nice bits, seemed a bit too long to me. Trust me, when I have personally made a 50 minute version of Revolution 9 mashup and even an 80 minutes version too, um, once you get past 10 minutes, it is too long.

Post subject: Re: #9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

phattbuzz wrote:
Here is my contribution for this month, not really a song - but neither was Revolution #9.

http://phattbuzz.podomatic.com/

enjoy!

- phattbuzz 8)

actually, I thought that was a lot of fun to listen to, I like how you altered up the sound effects and, um, gave the sound effects sound effects! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

One Virgin wrote:
childofnature wrote:

A spin on Macca's ballad makes Blackbird even darker! I enjoyed the piano intro weaving in and out of the phrase "all your life" a complement to the faceless BBC engineer voice repeating "number nine, number nine ..... cleaver parody! 8) "India" could have been a little slower and perhaps elements of the song played in reverse :wink:

Actually, I think One Virgin put that very well! Made a dark song even darker! well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

BDJ wrote:
Oh well, here it is anyway. For some reasons,i hadn't checked this forum for a while, expecting e-mail notificaction if anyone posted a contribution to the SOTM. Doesn't seem to work anymore......

So, I made a re-mash, which was rather OK for me. But, listening to the fabulaous SOTM September remixes posted earlier, it may not age well.......

Still post it, since it has a few nice features: for one, it contains the Full Revolution 9 in under 3 minites, plus a summary of Lennon's main philosophical issues. Plus a great backing track.

As usual, in BDJ's Cellar of Remixes:

http://bdj.podomatic.com/entry/2008-09- ... 7_13-07_00

well, the title sure threw me. I thought this was going to be a depressing track, kind of like my Wake Up dead Man one, but it wasn't at all! Some of the interview clip things I had trouble hearing on it, but other than that, great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

MP3J wrote:

Everyone had a hard year worked very well on the beat, the Number 9 to the beat was cool, I have a vague recollection of you doing something like that before. The Revolution song lyrics didn't seem to quite fit (not naturally placed or spaced, for lack of a better way of putting it), but that part was short anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

MP3J wrote:

A nice little instrumental by Microtrix...ruined by me and #9!
here... http://www.virb.com/mp3j/music/albums/70698

very cool beat to put this one to, I liked this one a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:03 am 

terminusj wrote:
MP3J wrote:

A nice little instrumental by Microtrix...ruined by me and #9!
here... http://www.virb.com/mp3j/music/albums/70698

very cool beat to put this one to, I liked this one a lot!

Yeah I have had a lot of fun playing this on repeat mode :D
It seems the samples from #9 works best over another instramental 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 am 
Site Admin

Well, another attempt at Tomorrow Never Knows vs REvolution, trying to space the lyrics out. And adding some Two Virgins to it as well. Maybe a bit too noisy now, but here you go!

http://patamixicalscience.podomatic.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 am 

terminusj wrote:
Well, another attempt at Tomorrow Never Knows vs REvolution, trying to space the lyrics out. And adding some Two Virgins to it as well. Maybe a bit too noisy now, but here you go!

http://patamixicalscience.podomatic.com/

Wel, Well, Well .... Oh Well! This was a better approach at being naked, simpler and more in keeping with the sound collage intent. Would have been nice to add the "All Right" in synch with the phrase ""of the begining" at the end .... nice choice of adding Yoko's giggles throughout 8) The spacing of the TNK vocals were also very well done, the beat was kept in tow which was the foundation that worked the best :D